THE LUXE LETTERS
The Luxe Letters are beauty insights providing you with the newest trends, tips and tricks of the trade to ensure a look that lasts way past your visit!
Hi I'm Brynne, Owner of Luxe Color Lounge!
I'm a natural curly girl and am always answering questions about how I style my hair, what products I use etc. and after my Curl Talk, I wanted to do a breakdown with some tips, tricks and photos (yes, some of these are of me just waking up and all of them are makeup free thanks to quarantine (and honestly, my usual look)).
1. This photo was taken after a full wash day! I use Ouidad's VitalCurl™+ Balancing Rinse Shampoo and Conditioner along with it's styling gel. Full details on how to properly wash arehere and how to properly style are here. If you'd like to order Ouidad products click here and email us!
2. This photo shows how I clip my hair before bed! Using small curly girl clips (below). I twist my hair in different sections going with my curl pattern and pin to the top of my head while I sleep. This keeps all my curls in place through the night and I also sleep with a silk pillow case (below).
3. When I wake up, I carefully take out my clips and this is usually what my hair first looks like - a little crazy. But, I let it settle on its own (I do not touch yet or try to adjust this will just add more frizz and disrupt my curls). I'll make coffee, do my morning routine, get dressed all with my crazy hair.
4. Finally, when it settles a bit on its own, I use the end of a comb or a pick to place my curls where I want them. At this point I may spray a tiny bit of water with a spray bottle (below) or flip my head upside down and fluff. By sleeping with the clips I get a little more volume on day 2 then on day 1, which I prefer!
5. The next day, I do the same morning routine letting my curls fall (3) and see what my curls choose to do that morning. I had a few that weren't as curly and weren't cooperating. When this happens, I'll clip a section back and out of the way and even part my hair differently. Curly hair does have a mind of its own!
6. A bit less definition on this day, but amping up the volume. I didn't do anything this day but shower in a low bun. Sometimes the humidity from the shower amps up the volume (which I look for) If you are looking to tame your volume, consider showering in a cap.
7. This day, I used the diffuser again a refresh. I showered with my hair down, got it only a little damp and then dried using the diffuser very briefly. If you're looking for more curl definition on your blowdryers "cool" setting. I use DevaCurl's Diffuser (below) because it gets super close to my root which tends to be the hardest to reach for me.
8. Post yoga hair (did yoga in a very loose pony on top of my head) let it down and clipped the side for a different style.
9. At this point, I start waking up like this instead of photo 3. This is about when I know I only have about 2 more days before another wash day.
10. Because of this, I'll rock a half up half down look. This photo 10 is before I showered...
11. And this is post-shower. I did not touch my hair, I allowed very little water to hit it, but the moisture and humidity from being in the shower gave my curls a new fullness and moisture!
12. At this point, it's time for another wash day, or I'll throw my hair up in a messy bun!
With the recent extension of the "Stay at Home" order until June 4th, we are uncertain at this time when we will be permitted to reopen our doors as we will be part of the GREEN PHASE of opening, not Yellow. We will continue to be closed until further approval from the government (and hope each of you are staying home!)
First and foremost, thank you to all who have reached out and checked in at this uncertain time, it is greatly appreciated from this small business - Please watch this video for an important message!
The clients who have had an appointment scheduled during the time of mandated closing will be our number one priority when we are back in business. Therefore, I have temporarily suspended online booking so that no new appointments may be scheduled until everything is situated.
The stylists and colorists will be adding additional days and hours to accommodate everyone's schedules and have you looking and feeling your best again. As soon as we get a clear open date from the government, we will be in contact with everyone who had an appointment scheduled individually starting in chronological order of appointments cancelled on March 16th. No appointments that are currently pre-booked for the future (post re-open) will be asked to move.
While we know and love that amazing hair has been an essential in each of your lives, as a very high touch business, it is priority that our clients and entire team stay safe! Most importantly, that they don't bring home and spread this virus to immune compromised loved ones and their communities. This is another reason why we will not be implementing "house calls."
We kindly ask that if you have any questions you please call the salon directly at 610.941.0955 rather than our team's personal phone numbers. I will be checking messages as frequently as I can and am happy to assist you. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding during this uncertain time as we navigate our status on a day to day basis.
We wanted to give a little snapshot of what it may look like when we are back in the salon! We are still unclear as to when that will be.
Luckily, we have always held a very high standard of cleanliness in the salon and there are never more than 10 people in Luxe at once. We also never double book our guests, so not much will have to shift as far as scheduling and population management.
You will be required to wear a mask during the full duration of your visit. Please be sure it’s the kind that goes around the ears and not the head. We will also be wearing masks!
We ask that you remain in your car when you arrive. You will then call us! We will have a system in place to alert you when you can safely enter the salon. This is to control the amount of people in the space and we will not be using our lounge area. All magazines will be removed.
When it is safe to enter, your temperature will be taken and you will be asked to wash your hands/use sanitizer before receiving services.
We please ask that you do not bring anyone with you to your appointment.
We will allow time in between each guest to properly sanitize. Additionally, we will be steam cleaning all equipment, chairs, door handles, facilities etc. every night with a professional steam cleaner.
Payment will be preferred through credit cards on file. We will refrain from tipping with cash and the use of envelopes. Venmo or personal checks will be used if you would like to add gratuity to your service.
We ask that you leave any jackets or coats in your car.
We will be in touch to reschedule appointments as soon as Montgomery County is deemed to be in the "green phase."
We will be rescheduling appointments in the order in which they were cancelled starting with clients whose appts were cancelled on March 16th. Until all previous appointments are rescheduled, we will not be rescheduling any new appointments.
Our salon & team will be adjusting our hours to ensure we can do our best to get everyone in, but please be patient as there is only so much we can do. We will still need days of rest to be sure we can continue to service you in our healthiest state, after-all we're only human!
Thank you for your support & patience during this time!
From us, to you!
Be on the cutting edge of beauty, thanks to the experts at Luxe.